Food Bank of Central New York works to eliminate hunger through nutritious food distribution, education, and advocacy in cooperation with the community.
Food Bank of Central New York
We seek funding to provide healthy meals, nutrition education and advocacy to fight hunger throughout eleven counties in central and northern New York.
As the hub of the emergency food network in eleven counties of Central New York, Food Bank of Central New York is:
• A provider of nutritious food to charitable food programs, enabling them to meet the needs of low-income people in their respective communities.
• An advocate for adequate government support for hungry people
• An information referral source for other human services that are able to assist community food program recipients
• A resource for information on hunger – both local and national – and its root causes
• An educator about nutrition, food safety, food handling and more permanent food sources
• An organization that attempts to promotes and facilitates best practices and effective collaboration by and among local food programs